Hey all, many of you will have comments about Pete in the coming weeks. Might be nice to organize them all in one spot here in one thread and send them along to his family to read. Your call of course! 

Also, I came across this picture this morning and was wondering what he is playing here? Anyone know? Obviously a bass, but which one? Looks old...

Views: 1635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks derek for liking my blog comment :) also i think its a great idea for you to send messages to his sisters to read, thats a lovely idea. Iv seen this phto too and have wondered what bass this was? i thought i saw it in one of there music vids back in 1993 on headbangers ball (which was my fave back then btw lol) but im not sure which one either? looks like theres a bit of white on it and i remember seeing this on one of his bass guitars before....ummmm someone im sure will solve the mystery. :)

L L L

Yeah I am curious what that is. Also, looks like Pete's bench will be built: https://www.facebook.com/groups/203500079683198/

Yes, so excited that we did it!!  We got the tree and the bench, now for the plaque. So amazing, that we as fans, can come together like this and immortalize our hero. He will never be replaced, never forgotten, a true legend to so many of us, someone who through his art, his music, his poetry, his perfectly disturbing and dark humor connected to all of us fans in a way that is hard to describe to someone on the outside. I have a lot of people ask me why i'm such a big fan and why I adored Type O so much, they just don't get it. "it's so depressing, so dark, ridiculous" - that's just it. It made sense to me. That's what matters. Meeting his sister and niece was something special. They are such a tight knit family, so strong and just an amazing group of women. I spent some time with them and had a blast of night together at the 3/23 show. I really look forward to running into them again. They are a smile in the crowd that is unmistakable and so warming and you can't help but want to smile back. Hi Cathy and Marie :-)

Always running into Johnny and Sal and the rest of the guys is something else - it's great. I have met some great friends by going to the shows. It's like Type O is still around - a really big group of dysfunctional but amazing and very real people. It's the closest thing we get to having it all back and I am so happy to have such a killer band and such a rad group of people surrounding it all. I love you guys! I cannot wait for the next show, the next album. Long live Peter, his amazing family and amazing fans. It is truly a blessing to have such great people surrounding it all.

 

Much love to all! Stay well, Live well!

 

Stacie

Thats good news! :)

Derek said:

Yeah I am curious what that is. Also, looks like Pete's bench will be built: https://www.facebook.com/groups/203500079683198/

ITS NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Its a RICKENBACKER bass a old one looks pre 80's.

Hard to believe it's been 2 years since he passed :( He had one of my favorite voices to listen to, his lyrics were great and he always seemed to write stuff that a lot of people could relate to. One thing I regret is never being able to see him and Type O play live :( he seemed like a pretty easy going and funny guy from interviews and things I have seen, plus the man could grow an awesome beard lol it puts mine to shame. Would have great to at least see him play live...

 

But it is great that fans have been able to plant a tree and put up a bench in his honor. Hopefully one day I'll go back to NY and be able to see it for myself :)

 

Favorite Performance

&

Favorite Interview

 

R.I.P. Pete

Yes I agree with you, would be nice to go to NY and see the tree and the bench to finally go and pay my respects to him, his voice just makes me feel so relaxed and calm and gets me more focused on the days ahead when ever I put on there albums.

Chase Robinson said:

Hard to believe it's been 2 years since he passed :( He had one of my favorite voices to listen to, his lyrics were great and he always seemed to write stuff that a lot of people could relate to. One thing I regret is never being able to see him and Type O play live :( he seemed like a pretty easy going and funny guy from interviews and things I have seen, plus the man could grow an awesome beard lol it puts mine to shame. Would have great to at least see him play live...

 

But it is great that fans have been able to plant a tree and put up a bench in his honor. Hopefully one day I'll go back to NY and be able to see it for myself :)

 

Favorite Performance

&

Favorite Interview

 

R.I.P. Pete


yep your right! def pre-80s, its nice - but id have to make it left handed though!
Andrew Hennings said:

Its a RICKENBACKER bass a old one looks pre 80's.

Derek, I don't know what he's playing but I do know where there are a few photos from this set where the instrument can be seen better. 

 

Peter, wish I had gotten to meet you.  Thank you for all the great music and everything you gave to us, your fans.  We miss you.

Here in Cape Town, some muso friends of mine are arranging a doom gig that's happening on April 14. I interviewed the organiser (blog to appear Monday) and yes, they chose the date on purpose and I've even been told there's a ToN song that will be played as tribute. 

http://www.facebook.com/events/411646838861539/

Looking forward to a bit of live music and yeah, metal is alive and well in Africa!

One of my favorite memories of Peter was seeing them at Club Toast in Burlington VT with Sam Black Church. The ceiling was low and you couldn't see Peter's head, just his neck down. He made some sort of snide comment about starting pipes, spiders and concrete while playing for "you fine people". ;)
 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Sal Abruscato.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service