I've already got my fix of APHND merch, has anyone got any vintage Type O merch lying around?

I've already got the 1993 Bloody Kisses shirt and in particular I'm looking for the Christian Woman longsleeve in XL or Lords of Flatbush tee in XL. Post em if ya got em

Rest In Power Pete Steele

Views: 9977

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ah man I'm getting all emo now..

Hi everybody. Does this count, too? ;o) It is in near mint condition because i wore it only 2 times if i remember correctly. The first time was when a friend and i tried to get to the Concert at Zeche Carl in Essen, Germany which was cancelled due to a Bomb Threat... It was a very ridiculous day ... Nevertheless great Memories!

WOW! I think we have a winner of the "TON merch contest" :)

For me looks great! By the way - this live in Essen - wasn't it together with Sisters of Mercy ???

I'm looking for some evidence, that both bands - if they didn't play together - at least were going to play...

I spoke to the author of polish TON-bio, he said in his opinion Type & Sisters have never met.

If somebody has some news regarding it - please, share it, ex-TON-members are very welcome :)

Hi Maciek. Thanks a lot! ;o) It's funny that you mention that because i talked with Sziamiau in Cologne about the TON/SOM-Tour. But this Tour was in 1993 and TON attended only a few shows ( you can see that on sisterswiki.org). As far as i know TON didn't play Hannover... The Sisters Of Mercy Tour was called "Slight Case Of Overbombing". Hope it helps. And here is the Back of the TON- Tourshirt for that (The Front shows the "Bloody Kisses" Cover). The first Show in Essen should have taken place in 1991 but was cancelled due to the Bomb threat from the Antifascist Movement...
Sorry for the bad quality but i took this in a hurry ... ;o)

Maciek Szatko said:

For me looks great! By the way - this live in Essen - wasn't it together with Sisters of Mercy ???

I'm looking for some evidence, that both bands - if they didn't play together - at least were going to play...

I spoke to the author of polish TON-bio, he said in his opinion Type & Sisters have never met.

If somebody has some news regarding it - please, share it, ex-TON-members are very welcome :)

You wouldn't happen to have any other shirts similar to that one that you'd be willing to sell would you? Such a cool shirt

Maciek Szatko said:

My fav, priceless, "old-good-rusted dayzzz"-shirt !

And my necessary accesories for well-spent-friday-eve!

Sorry - I'm not selling memories... ;-)
That's definitely a winner.  There probably aren't many things out there rarer that, related to Type O.

Kai said:

Hi everybody. Does this count, too? ;o) It is in near mint condition because i wore it only 2 times if i remember correctly. The first time was when a friend and i tried to get to the Concert at Zeche Carl in Essen, Germany which was cancelled due to a Bomb Threat... It was a very ridiculous day ... Nevertheless great Memories!

This tour never took place.  I don't recall anything about touring with SOM.  We did one festival with them in Austria sometime around 97.  I can't recall the name of the festival at the moment.  TON didn't do any European shows in 93.  There were plans for a European tour at the end of 93.  But it never happened.  I'm betting you have a bootleg shirt!  Peter never would've allowed that kind of layout for the back of the shirt!  Let the debate continue...

Kai said:

Hi Maciek. Thanks a lot! ;o) It's funny that you mention that because i talked with Sziamiau in Cologne about the TON/SOM-Tour. But this Tour was in 1993 and TON attended only a few shows ( you can see that on sisterswiki.org). As far as i know TON didn't play Hannover... The Sisters Of Mercy Tour was called "Slight Case Of Overbombing". Hope it helps. And here is the Back of the TON- Tourshirt for that (The Front shows the "Bloody Kisses" Cover). The first Show in Essen should have taken place in 1991 but was cancelled due to the Bomb threat from the Antifascist Movement...

Maciek Szatko said:

Well, let's just say our doubts are gone because of "well-informed-sources" :)) Thank You Johnny, appreciate it, without You we'd speculate on another 3 pages of that topic :) Funny thing with the shirt - the "bad" layout at the back makes this issue even more wanted !Interesting who's idea it was...
the festival with SOM was the forestglade-festival in wiesen 97. I know this because the very little village wiesen is my hometown. My parents still live there. I left it in 2005... But it is always very nice to bring back memories. Thanks Johnny!!

Johnny Kelly said:
This tour never took place.  I don't recall anything about touring with SOM.  We did one festival with them in Austria sometime around 97.  I can't recall the name of the festival at the moment.  TON didn't do any European shows in 93.  There were plans for a European tour at the end of 93.  But it never happened.  I'm betting you have a bootleg shirt!  Peter never would've allowed that kind of layout for the back of the shirt!  Let the debate continue...

Kai said:

Maciek Szatko said:

It's not a t-shirt, but I have a rare TON CD in my collection. It's a Bloody Kisses promo cd that was only released to a few radio stations as part of a contest. The CD came in a plain jewel case and the name of the band wasn't on it. Instead there is a question mark and five songs. One of them is the rare TON track "Summer Girl", which is just like their cover of "Summer Breeze" only with different, more tounge-in-cheek lyrics. From the research I've been able to gather, there may be as few as 20 of these in the world.

This promtion was also done with a cassette. The cassette was issued with an insert and telephone number for the contest. I do not own one of these, but would love to have one. Here's a photo form a TON discography site.

I'm sure there are many more than 20 out there.  The cassette says the first 25 people to respond, so there has to be more than that.  I'm lucky enough to have both of those in my collection.  I do really want to know what the prize was for that.  Maybe Sal knows?

Here are a few more rare ones:

Slow, Deep and Hard promo

Bloody Kisses promo:

October Rust mini promo:

Unsuccessfully Coping promo:

RSS

© 2014   Created by Sal Abruscato.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service